Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

Pages

Highest Paid One Of The Youtuber CarryMinati

                    His Original Name Is Ajay Nagar.  He started posting videos while still in school with the sole aim of becoming a YouT...

Find your niche, says Ajey Nagar, aka CarryMinati | Femina.in
                    His Original Name Is Ajay Nagar. He started posting videos while still in school with the sole aim of becoming a YouTuber. Ajey Nagar shares his journey from humble beginnings to having close to 2.13 Crore Subscribers today.
                  From naming his blog with something that he found ‘cool’ to being named as one of Time Magazine’s top 10 Next Generation Leaders this year at the age of 19, Ajey Nagar has come a long way.
Answer Of Few Question By CarryMinati
       

  • Why the name CarryMinati?
     Get ready for a downer, there is no explanation! It’s just a name that I like. In 2015, my YouTube channel’s name was CarryDeol where I used to impersonate actor Sunny Deol and troll people in the first person shooter game Counter Strike. Later I started roasting people, and thought the name wasn’t really apt, since there was no Deol anymore. So I thought up CarryMinati. 

  • Tell us more about how you began. 
                                                                                                                                              I
     always wanted to make entertaining videos and post them on YouTube. In 2014, I started with my original channel, Addicted A1. Back then as a kid I thought the name was very cool but now I realise it’s not. (Laughs) I used to record game play videos with my reactions and upload them. It didn’t get me very far, after a year I had about 35 likes. I then thought of evolving my content, and started CarryDeol. (Does an impression over the phone) It worked well with the audience, the Counter Strike community loved it and shared my work. After six months, I was bored, and needed a change. That’s when I got to my current nice–roasting.  


  CarryMinati - Time for you guys to make some lovely Memes ...


  • How did you think of roasting?

        Out of nowhere. I was on a Skype call with a friend, studying for the upcoming exams. On one message, saying he’s sent me notes to study, he’d actually sent a video to lighten up the mood. Despite its racy click bait title, I realised there was nothing ‘dirty’ about it and had garnered a high number of views. So I shot a video of my reactions of that video, which people loved. I’ve been doing that since.


  • How do you deal with the attention?
        Sometimes it gets too much, but I take a deep breath, relax, and take it in my stride. I am on social media, I have to deal with it. Then I just focus on my work. 


  • How did your parents react to your decision to give up your education?

           It didn’t happen suddenly. It was a gradual process. First, I coaxed them into getting me a computer, then giving me a vacant room in the house to shoot videos, and by then they knew what I was doing. Finally, when I reached 100k subscribers, I told them I can't do it anymore. They were watching Comedy Nights With Kapil and laughed, and told me they already knew. They told me it’s okay, drop out, do what you are doing with your videos. It just shows that no matter how stubborn you think your parents are, if you show them your dedication towards what you are doing, they are sure to come around. 


  • Do you regret not experiencing college life? 
            Yes. I often regret that I did not go to college and experience that atmosphere. If I had, I would have much more content to work on! 


  • What do you do for fun?

            I can find entertainment everywhere. If I am going out, then my brothers and I observe everyone on the road, and there's a lot happening on our roads. Somewhere there is a fight erupting, or different kinds of people behave differently in traffic, so we observe, cook up comments. Plus, I the OTT platforms have great shows, which I watch sometimes. But the best way for me is to chill with my friends.

  • Who are the most interesting people you have roasted?
         There was Dhinchak Pooja, Deepak Kalal, Hero Alom. All YouTubers, who had excellent material to roast!

  • What was your aim when you started out?
            I wanted to become a YouTuber. That’s it. I thought that if I get 50k subscribers by the end class XII, I will discontinue school and pursue it full time. 

  •   Did you?
          Yes! I crossed 50k, and I was over the moon. 

  •  What is the process of creating engaging content?
           It is the most difficult part of it all—to bring something new. I try to be myself in what I do, and then find plenty of ways to generate new content. For instance, last year we started adding skits to the videos, after the roast. A few months after that, we worked on full length videos skit and after that we got into music. We try and diversify as much as possible. I try to avoid monotony.  

  • Do you feel responsible towards your audience?
      Yes, since kids are also watching. I don’t want to do anything that influences kids incorrectly. For instance showing anything about smoking, drinking, drugs, etc. 



  • What's your advice to youngsters who are looking at this field?

           First, be yourself, don't try to copy anybody. I know it is a clichéd answer and everybody says it, but believe you me, it is every bit true. Second, be patient. Give it time. This doesn't happen overnight or in a span of a few days. You never know when what will click. Keep on working. Down the line when you develop your content and find your niche, you will get there.

Thank You
Subscribe to our Small YouTube channel


1 comment